Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Fun Christmas Gift for Friends

I was browsing Pinterest for some fun diy Christmas Gift ideas and came across this one from Avry on her blog: Craft Yourself. Such a cute idea and I love the text!! You can check out her version here.



Instead of using rolls of dough, I decided to go with the nice square packages of cookie dough because I thought they would be easier to wrap and accessorize. 


Using my Cricut machine I cut out pieces to make a tag from the Accent Essentials Cartridge. 


Then I prepared the text in Photoshop but any word processing program would work. Here is a copy of the finished product. If you prefer no to make your own tags, comment on my blog and maybe I'll surprise you with a free printable!! 

The card reads, "We could all use a little extra DOUGH this time of year. Merry Christmas from the Wilsons. 


The tag is a total of 3 pieces. The outside piece is a Solid Tag from the Cricut using the SHIFT key at 3 inches. The interior blue frame is the same frame at 2 3/4 inches without the shift key this time. And the interior is printed on card stock and I just cut it out so it would go neatly between. I used Xyron Tape Runner to attach then hole punched for the twine. I used the twine to keep it all together and finish the pretty packaging. Here is the final product which I delivered on Christmas Eve. 


My friends were very happy to receive these!! And it was fun getting to play Santa. The fun thing about this is that I think you could change the text to match many of the holidays. Something like "It's not a Trick, Enjoy this Treat". And use the awesome Pillsbury Halloween Cookies.






2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea for neighbor gifts! Your tag is perfect! My kids made birdseed ornaments for our neighbors to hang outside this year, but I'm keeping this idea in my back pocket for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this sweet gift! Such a creative idea. :)

    ReplyDelete