Sunday, January 16, 2011

Meet Jenna! Our crafty, coffee drinking sweetheart

Hello!
I’ve been privileged enough to be blogging for Belle Announcements for the past 2 months now.  I’m enjoying the experience and hoping to add more contributions now that the holiday chaos has subsided.  Unfortunately, in that 2 month period I have failed to properly introduce myself.  So today I would like to formally say hello.
My name is Jenna, I’m a thirty something working mom and first time blogger.   My wonderful family consists of my husband Tom, our two beautiful daughters and of course our 2 pups.  By profession, I’m an I/T geek but as much as I love technology, I tend to gravitate toward more “human” things.  
I’m a crafter…  I love to create; knit, sew, scrapbook, bake, I enjoy it all.  Whether it is needful or for fun, to make something out of nothing provides a feeling of satisfaction that is sometime lost in this digital day.  My projects give me a chance to step away from technology, just for a bit, and get back to basics. 
I’ll also admit to being a coffee fiend!  It’s not uncommon on a Sunday morning to hear the kids ask, “Daddy can you make the coffee now so mommy can wake up?”  That smell could rouse me out of dead slumber, which is great because I am not a morning person.  Our current obsession right now is the French press.  What a lovely cup ‘o joe that makes, Tom has the process down to a science.  And doesn’t a cup of coffee taste better when someone who loves you makes it?
We’d love to hear from you!  What are some of the things you like, your hobbies?  Your favorite place for a good cup of coffee?

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a coffee fan, I love Chai Tea Lattes but only from Dutch Bros!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big coffee drinker either, but I do love the smell of it. I'm a sucker for an occasional mocha, or an Iced Blended from Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I'm a "tea chick", I must admit that I have a sweet addiction to a cappuccino cooler!! If we don't have skim milk in the house it is definitely NOT a good thing! I think John has had thoughts of trying to find a milk man to make a daily delivery! :) LOL

    ReplyDelete