Sunday, April 29, 2012

Newly Updated It's All About Me!!

First and always, I am a mom to two beautiful girls. I am also someone who loves snail mail and art. I would imagine my love of snail mail began when I slipped a small scrap of paper inside a balloon and sent it off into the clouds. My tiny note sailed from Dearborn, Michigan to Cleveland, Ohio and into the hands of a dear couple who shared my love of pen and ink. Homer and Doris would soon become my pen pals, my confidants and my family. My youngest is named after Doris.

When I had my first daughter, I combined my love of art and computers with my love of snail mail and began sending milestone cards. These cards were announcements of all that my tinybear was up to. From first steps to eating her first banana, they were all amazing accomplishments that I felt our friends and family would enjoy. These cards soon blossomed into designing baby announcements and shower invitations for friends and then friends of friends. Before long, I had started a business.

Five years later, my small business has become a business that reaches all over the United States, Canada and into Australia. My passion for texture and ink has made a mark and I am thrilled to be a graphic artist who is dedicated to preventing the extinction of the magical art of letter writing.

I am thankful for the support and business I receive. 5% of all sales are donated directly to ChemoAngels. ChemoAngels is a non-profit organization dedicated to adding a ray of sunshine to the lives of those undergoing IV chemo treatment. Read more about this organization and you'll see why they were the perfect fit for Belle Announcements.

No comments:

Post a Comment