- Shoot outdoors in the late afternoon for the best lighting.
- When considering attire, keep it simple! Marissa strongly recommends not wearing patterns or stripes.
- Want to take a photo that is outside the box? Dress the family in your favorite Christmas PJ's and have a blast! This makes for a really unique, one of a kind portrait.
- The kids are the #1 priority. Keeping them happy means a happy portrait. Photo sessions with small kids should not last longer than an hour because the kids are naturally going to get tired and restless. Consider bringing some small prizes such as stickers, a sucker, etc. to reward them for their patience. Also remember to have non-messy snacks and drinks for the kids.
- Bring a brush! It's easy, it takes a second and can make all the difference when it comes to your child's hair as well as your own!
Thank you Marissa Laurence Photography!